The professional plumbing industry remains lucrative, even in economically uncertain times. However, due to the demand, it has become a competitive space. While many plumbing contractors work on word-of-mouth, you still need to establish yourself as a reputable source to scale your business. And for that, manual methods won’t help.
You need a tech system that lets you maintain communication with internal teams and suppliers, automates client profiling, and accommodates scaling business needs.
That’s where the need for CRM software for plumbing comes into play.
Now, it might sound overwhelming initially, and of course, only some plug-and-play solutions will fit your unique business needs. But whether you need a sales CRM, a dispatch solution, or a project management tool, we’ve got you covered. Here, we’ve selected five of the best custom plumbing tools to make the search easier. Take a look at these CRM comparisons.
Why CRM is Essential for Plumbing Contractors
For a plumbing contractor, the administrative challenges are endless.
From handling multiple projects to maintaining communication with electricians, contractors, or other technicians, the operations side of contracting can get chaotic. Not to mention, tracking payments and issuing them. Especially if you have several branches.
To overcome these issues, plumbing contractors must prioritize sales with digital efficiency. A custom CRM for plumbers can make tangible improvements, including:
- Automating tedious data entry and contract preparation
- Keeping clients on the same page and informed about jobs
- Integrating online payments and tracking project progress
- Centralizing all business operations, including communication
1. Pipeline: Best CRM for Sales-Focused Plumbing Contractors
Struggling to convert leads while managing multiple plumbing projects? Then Pipeline’s plumbing contractor CRM is your perfect companion. From generating accurate estimates to tracking project status, this nifty platform makes your operations simple and result-oriented. Pipeline provides lead management automation and helps your team win more bids.
With Pipeline, you can also keep track of every customer interaction and project timeline to ensure timely completion. Your team will have access to their favorite productivity solutions on the platform, thanks to Pipeline’s extensive CRM integrations.
- Easy customer onboarding services
- Automated project scheduling and reminders
- Open-source APIs for seamless integrations
- Automated email drip campaigns
- Bid management and accurate cost estimation
- Custom tools to cater to your unique business needs
- Clean dashboard with centralized client data, project tracking, and payment status
- Real-time data analytics and reporting
- Simple set up — can be ready to use within 48 hours
- Automated data entry eliminates errors and frees up your team’s time
- Offers seamless collaboration between the sales team and your crew
- Customizable tools keep the experience on-brand
- Analytics identifies even the smallest problems, driving operational improvements
- The lead management system locates decision-makers for faster customer acquisition
- Performance tracking ensures individual accountability and work quality
- The clean dashboard keeps every important bit organized
- Real-time scheduling keeps your team and the clients on the same page for better transparency
- 4.4/5 star rating on G2 (922 reviews)
- 4.3/5 star rating on Capterra (619 reviews)
- 10/10 score on TrustRadius (16 reviews and ratings)
- 4.1 star rating on Gartner (40 ratings)
- Start plan: $25 per user per month
- Develop plan: $33 per user per month
- Grow plan: $49 per user per month
2. SmartServ: Best CRM for Plumbing Project Organization
SmartServ is another popular CRM for plumbers with centralized client profile mapping, scheduling, and cost estimation features. It lets your clients book plumbing appointments online with convenient time slots. The platform creates, tracks, and customizes the seion takes almost a day.
- Available on contact service agreements and updates your clients on future renewals.
SmartServ also lets you customize your dashboard for a more on-brand experience.
- Service agreement templates
- Online appointment scheduling
- Quotes and estimate history
- Project estimations give the client a clear picture
- Online scheduling makes it convenient for customers
- The interface isn’t intuitive enough
- Quickbooks integration
3. ServiceM8: Best CRM for Easy Dispatching
Next on our list is ServiceM8, a plumbing management software with all the necessary contractor tools. From the client’s first call to final payment, this custom CRM software streamlines everything. It lets your team focus on client satisfaction.
With ServiceM8, you can quote accurate estimates on sites, prepare contracts, get signatures, and start projects quickly. ServiceM8 keeps track of every active job, suggested quotes, current clientele, and prospective leads. Moreover, this plumbing contractor CRM produces professional invoices in seconds and ensures payment before you leave the job.
- Records notes, photos, and videos
- Provides quote and invoice on-site
- Dispatches crew on time
- Captures signatures
- Creates PDF forms
- Streamlines credit card payments
- Syncs with your existing accounting package
- User-friendly interface
- Easy project allotment and field crew management
- Instant and accurate insights pinpoint issues quickly
- Supports iOS devices for better convenience
- Limited tool customizations
- Lack of proper integrations
- Lite: Free
- Starter: $20.30 per month
- Growing: $55.30 per month
- Premium: $104.3 per month
4. Housecall Pro: Best CRM for Small-Scale Jobs
Another nifty addition to our list is Housecall Pro — and the plumbing service software lives up to its name. Its scheduling features streamline appointments and make dispatch easy by assigning tasks to the best-suited technicians. To add, Housecall Pro lets you rework your schedule as new opportunities come in, using a drag-and-drop calendar functionality. It also keeps a buffer zone to account for the delays.
- Smart scheduling and dispatching
- Arrival windows
- On-the-way texts
- Calendar view for job details
- Built-in chat for your employees
- Customizable estimates
- Collects signatures from clients
- Invoicing and payment collection
- The project scheduler assigns the right team for the right job
- Easily accessible client history for accurate customer interactions
- Automated follow-ups and payment reminders
- On-the-way texts to keep the client updated on the technician’s arrival
- The mobile app lets you schedule and manage orders
- Recurring service plans with agreement renewal features make conversion easier
- The employee time tracking feature has issues
- Unsatisfactory customer service
- 4.2/5 star rating on G2 (133 reviews)
- 4.7/5 star rating Capterra (2758 reviews)
- 9.2/10 score on TrustRadius (7 reviews and ratings)
- Basic: $49 per month
- Essential: $129 per month
- Max: Available on request
5. Jobber: Best CRM for Project Delegation
Jobber offers a feature-rich CRM for plumbers.
From scheduling emergency projects according to location to streamlining payment, this CRM software is essentially a hub for multiple workflows. You can also embed Jobber’s request forms on your website or social media. With all the key features you need to meet customers’ needs online and offline, you can customize each quote individually. (For example, you can add photos taken from the on-site assessment to give the clients transparent estimations on quotes.)
- Drag and drop calendar
- Map and routing
- Team push notifications
- Performance tracking
- Estimations and quote follow-ups
- On-my-way texts
- Job forms and check-lists
- Invoicing and card payments
- Automates invoices and ensures faster payments
- 24×7 accessible online portal ensures convenience for clients
- Keeps you connected with the client throughout the job with automated emails and notifications
- Dispatches the closest teams for emergency plumbing work, ensuring fast service and client satisfaction
- Notifies the technicians instantly of newly scheduled jobs
- More expensive than the alternatives
- The mobile app lacks important features
- 4.4/5 star rating on G2 (200 reviews)
- 4.5/5 star rating on Capterra (714 reviews)
- 7.6/10 score on TrustRadius (19 reviews and ratings)
- Core: $45 per month
- Connect: $117 per month
- Grow: $225 per month
Fix Your Pipeline with a Specialized CRM for Plumbers
Start building a system that takes your plumbing to the next level.
If you are looking for a holistic solution to improve operations and sales management, few come even close to Pipeline CRM. Besides lead management and automated client profiling, you get real-time analytics to make smart decisions.
Win new customers, retain old ones, and stand out in your industry.
Choose your Pipeline plan today!