Previously, Chris Carlson wrote about building your online brand on LinkedIn as Part 1 of a three-part series on online hiring and sales branding. This week in Part 2, he shifts the focus to the online job review site Glassdoor.
An eye-opening stat that I shared in my previous post about building your online brand on LinkedIn is that less than 20% of consumers believe a company’s claims about themselves. On the other hand, 92% of consumers trust their peers’ reviews of companies. This trust in what our peers say is the platform that fueled Amazon, eBay and Yelp’s success. Now Glassdoor is bringing peer reviews to recruiting. Through Glassdoor, potential employees can read about their peers’ experiences with interviewing and working at a given company.
Savvy Sales Professionals Are Watching (And Reading) About You Online
- The average company rating on Glassdoor is a 3.3 (out of 5 stars)
- Two-thirds of reviews are positive
- Have someone within your company responsible for monitoring your brand
- Have that person follow Glassdoor’s blog on managing your online employer brand
- Review the various ebooks that Glassdoor has compiled beginning with Employer Branding for Dummies.